Sunday 12 February 2012

Life Drawing (Catching up work for my absense) Part 1

I had to miss 3 life drawing session in raw because of the illness... so my tutor has given me some tasks to do while I am at home recovering from the nasty illness that I got for many weeks now.

Personally I really enjoyed this drawings of my hand. It was a bit difficult to get the shades and tones right but as I get the hang of them it was fairly simple and made me realise how interesting the shape of the hands are. Hands are what we see and what we use all the time but we tends to not concentrate on the actual shapes and shadings of our own hands. It was really interesting to actually sit and stare at my hands and draw.
I have used charcoal to draw them. I personally love charcoal (apart from all the messiness!) because its really easy to get the right tones. also depending on how we hold them charcoal can create so many different thickness of lines. I normally hold charcoal with just my thumb and index finger. (because if I hold them properly it breaks...)

HOPEFULLY I will be able to attend to the next life drawing session, I really really love life drawings and I feel so shame everytime I had to miss because of the illness... I am trying so hard to catch up with all the work I am missing at home while I am in bed recovering...
Lets hope my health will get better this week and finally attends to uni...


No comments:

Post a Comment