Wednesday 3 October 2012

Second year - More ideas...

I had another chat with my tutor and he gave me more advices to improve my work.

1. Since I have 2 layouts I must keep it as simple as possible.

I have chosen Heaven and Hell for my layout, and because these two locations are complicated I must keep it as simple as possible. So no complicated buildings or too much detailed layout.

2. Decorations?

I know I have mentioned above about keeping things simple, but too simple is no good! E.g. If I keep my layout of the hell too simple it will just be like a wasteland with random fire burning around, which is boring. I need to think about what I could add for the decorations to represent that 'My layout is at the Hell'. So maybe I could add a burnt tree in the background, or cave made up with skeleton... maybe too much detail, but to get more ideas I do need to do more research.

3. Colour Scheme

To represent the definite location (as in when people look at my work they will immediately think the location is set in Heaven/Hell) I need to have the colour scheme. For example, I can't have a bright blue sky with sunshine in Hell, or dark red sky with burnt ground isn't a Heaven.



These 3 points are my next task which I will be working on and hopefully I could reach my target  and achieve all 3 points to improve my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment